Thursday, May 27, 2010

"KATIE"

"KATIE"
The sweetest word I've heard
in a very long time!
I said, "come on dad, come with me"
He said, "who are you"
I said, "It's me, Katie"
"KATIE"??
It was wonderful.
The aids found it sad and
depressing but not me!
I know that he doesn't

always know me. 
But I have not heard him
speak my name in so
long  and so
I LOVED IT :)
Also that same day,
when I first got there,
he was in the bed but
not sleeping.  Just laying
there looking at all of the
family pictures like he
does every single day.
I went up to him and said,
"Hi Papa, It's me Katie,
your daughter".
He smiled so big and just
stared into my eyes and
examined my face.  I was
thrilled an overjoyed.
I have not felt that much
love from him in a very long time.
It was precious!
If you are an outsider
looking in I'm sure these
things seem sad. 
But for me, living in the moment,
taking it all in, and accepting it
and running with it because I have
no choice and there is no other option....................
I LOVE those little things.
That is my dad and I love him
He still means the word to me
and is still my hero.
These gestures are all I have left of him.
I WILL TAKE THEM!!!!  : )

i miss my daddy

No comments: