Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The sign of the cross

Last night I sad with Pops during supper.
The food came and I said, "should we pray?"
He nodded his head to say, "yes".
I did the sign of the cross and said our
family blessing over food.
At the end I did the sign of the cross again.
He reached his hand up and put it to his head,
his lips and his heart.  While this is not the sign
of the cross, it is another Catholic representation
that he has done his whole life.  I loved it and
it brought a  tear or two. 
He seems relatively happy but more just plain
content.
Which isn't all bad I guess.
We had family in town last weekend and they
went to visit him.  He really enjoyed it and laughed
and smiled alot.  He doesn't speak much anymore.
In fact, it is a very rare occasion.
I miss hearing his voice.
I miss hearing him sing...alot....

i miss my daddy

No comments: