Wednesday, July 7, 2010


This picture was taken last year just prior to us having to put Pops into a home.  It makes me feel very sad to look at it because it was the last time he was home.

I went to the Wellstead last night for the 2nd time.  It seems really great.  He seems as though he's being cared for.  He was happy and talkative and in a pretty good mood.  Some weird things happened but nothing really bad.  He does have some bruising but I guess my feeling is that if he is happy and being cared for, well , I guess we can live with the bruising.  I would guess sometimes they have to touch him to take care of him.  We had a nice visit.  He was eerily "there" last night also.  He said things like, "when are we getting out of here".  He pointed outside the gates and said, "I want to go out there".  Sometimes these things are comforting and other times they are heart-wrenching.  Mostly it's the latter.

I miss my daddy

No comments: