Thursday, July 15, 2010

Feel the LOVE!

Last night the best thing happened.
I decided to go visit Pops a little later, 7ish.
Just was going to run in and check on him.
I got there and he was in his room in a pair
of boxers and a T-shirt which right away
made me happy because he had been wearing
his "suits" the last few times I'd been there.
I sat next to him as he was watching an old
western on the TV.  His demeanor was
very calm and relaxed, even happy.
We chatted a bit, I scratched his head
and back.  He tapped his hand on his
leg in beat with the piano music coming
from the television.
When I got ready to leave, I bent over and
was talking to him.  I told him I was leaving.
He said a few words. I said, "Do you know my name"?
He said, "Uh huh", which is a normal response.
So I said, "look at my pretty face! I'm your
daughter, Katie!" He took my arms in his and
rubbed them gently, then took my face in his
hands and just looked at me smiling!!!!!!
It was a wonderful moment for me.
I immediately lost it.  It was so touching.
At that very moment I felt a father's love like none I have ever felt!

i miss my daddy
.......but i sure felt him last night

No comments: