Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm feeding old people---
That is a new saying that I have!
I don't mean anything by it,
it is just what I do!
The woman who sits next
to Pops at dinner is named Marie.
She is blind.
100% blind.
She is a dear, darling, sweet
woman.
Her husband lives downstairs
and comes frequently.
Sometimes he is there for dinner and
sometimes he is not.
When he is not and the aides are
busy I help her eat.
I started doing this after watching
her bring an empty fork up
to her mouth many, many times
with no food on it. She has quite the time.
When her husband is there feeding her,
I can feel the love. It is an intense
bond between the two of them that
has probably been that way for for upwards
of 70 years.. She is soon to be 88. I don't know much
about their story, but I know it is LOVE.
Old love. Right in your face love.
A love that you don't see everyday.
I hope my love will feed me
when I am 88 and blind.
This appears to be so real and
so old. Such an old love. Unlike
any I have really seen before.
True love.

i miss my daddy

No comments: