Thursday, September 22, 2011

A big weekend!

This weekend is the big
Walk to end Alzheimer's.
We should have about 20
people walking with us and
we have raised just under
$4,000!!
We are very excited about this.
When you have a family member
that has Alzheimer's, you mostly
feel useless and helpless.
By doing this walk and earning
money, it is a way to do good and
to give something back.
I have utilized the services of
the Alzheimer's Association
several times and it is truly
a great organization that helps
people/caregivers in their time of need.
I still feel bad about most of my
family members and their lack
of interest in helping us.
But I am learning to let go of 
all of the anger that has built up.
Which is huge!
I'm realizing there is nothing to
be angry about.
This is on their shoulders, not mine.
I do all I can do.
I also come to realize that I don't
think it's that they don't "want"
to help.  It's more that they
don't know "how" to help.  
And also that they are scared.
They hate the thought of Pops
with this disease and they just
don't know how to deal.
Someone once said to me, 
"Katie, you are the chosen one"
I've had to think about this alot
but I think I get it now.
I'm the one chosen to be able
to deal with it.
I'm the one chosen to able 
to handle it.
I'm the one chosen to stay
close to my dad.
I'm the one chosen to be able
to make decisons regarding
his cares and his life.
I'm glad I'm the chosen one.
I can't imagine having it any
other way.

i miss my daddy

No comments: