Monday, November 14, 2011

Well, way too long again.
I wanted to post immediately
after the Alzheimer's walk.
I think it is a good thing I didn't.
I was so upset and angry about
so many aspects of what went on
that day that I decided against
venting. The good from that day:
We all went over to Pop's place
and had a pizza party....
just like last year.
It was a bit different this year
as he is in a wheelchair now,
full-time.
Pretty sure most of the family
had no idea about this.
He also doesn't speak now.
Pretty sure most of the family
had no idea about this either.
He did however speak some very
strong words that Saturday afternoon.
He opened his mouth, pointed and said,
"The sons are here, the sons are here"
AMAZING!!!!!
He hasn't spoken in a month at least...
He opens his mouth when the whole family
is there and this is what comes out??
I couldn't believe it.
Another sign that our father is in there.
Despite what anyone thinks....
He's in there........
You would think that these words
would have made some of the "sons"
want to come and visit him more..
The fact that he recognizes them...
Ah, no.

None have been back......
Well, except for Thomas..
He is good for a visit once a month
or so...
better than the rest....
I try to let the anger go.
It hurts me too bad.
I just love my dad so much and
wish that the others would step up.
It wears on me...no one seems to see that.
The all just think of themselves and
how this disease affects them....
What about Pop's??? I wonder if anyone
thinks about how he feels...
I see it often...It's reassuring
and heartbreaking all at the same time.

i miss my daddy

1 comment:

Joy Walker said...

Thanks for your posts Katie, I feel your pain in regards to siblings who don't help out! Joy