Friday, September 16, 2011

Two months???

It's been two months since
I posted???
What the heck.
Time sure does fly.
The summer absolutly flew
by.  Just in the blink of an eye.
Things are very stable with Pops.
Last night was a wonderful
visit for Leah and I.
I was so happy to see Pops
smile and enjoy himself.
I know he's in there and I
know he knows who we are.
I don't care what anyone else
says about it.  I don't think anyone
else spends enough time with him
to witness it, but when you are there
for hours like us, you will see it.
It's in his eyes.  He stares at us.
Deep stares, deep into our souls.
Sometimes eery.  Mostly happy though.
He reaches for my hand and wants to hold it.
He watches my every move and keeps his eye on me.
When i sing to him he laughs!
He brings me so much joy.  I mean don't get
me wrong, I want my dad back bad.
But ya know, I will take what we got last
night and love it.  Considering this disease
and what it does to people.........
I'll take it :)

i miss my daddy

No comments: