Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whenever i think how bad things
are and how bad i have it with my
dad, something happens to bring me
back to the reality that it can always be
worse.
I found out last night that Jim died.
I blogged eariler about his wife Colleen
and a conversation we had a few months ago.
Jim had Frontaltemporal Dementia and was
FIFTY-SEVEN.
Unbelievable.
THIS is one sad disease.
It strips you of all that you are...I believe
he started with symptoms before turning
fifty.  Probably one of the saddest stories
I have heard about in a very long time.
My heart goes out to Colleen today and her
family.  And as sad as it is that Jim is gone,
he is in a much better place and it is probably
such a weight lifted off of that families shoulders.
Colleen is probably one of the strongest
women I have ever met in my journey with
mental health issues.
My God bless her and let their family find
peace.

i miss my daddy

No comments: