Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My dad loved sports.
I love sports.
I never really realized it growing up
but he was teaching me to be a sports lover!
I clearly remember sitting in our living room
in Golden Valley watching our counsel TV and
him teaching me the game of
football!
I have been a fan ever since.
He brought me to 1 Vikings game at the
old Met Stadium.  I remember it clearly.
He brought be to alot of North Star games at
the old Met Center.  Including playoff hockey!
I LOVED the North Stars.
Those are some very fond memories I
have of my father that I just don't think of
very often.  He wasn't a man of many words.
In fact, he was fairly quiet....
But the words he spoke stuck with me.
He will be on my mind tonight as I go to
Target Field to watch playoff baseball.
He is on my mind now as I hear about
the Vikings getting Randy Moss again.
He would be LOVING sports in Minnesota right now.

i miss my daddy

No comments: