Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And...some days I just want to cry

Some days are so sad.
I just hate it.
The look on his face.
The actions.
I get so sad and depressed
about it.
I work hard at letting things
go.  Just try hard to roll with
things and let things go.
But somedays it is hard.
And some days I don't want
to let things go.
I have to deal with this.
It is my reality.
My dad is gone.
My dad is slowly dying
a miserable death.
Some days I see it.
He is forgetting how to eat.
He has no idea what food is.

If I hand him a candy bar,
he doesn't know what to
do with it. If I give him a glass
of rootbeer, he doesn't know
what to do with it.
What a terrible thing....
Food used to be one of the
few joys he had left in life
and now that is going away.
Music used to be one of the
few joys he had left and that
is also slowly going away.
He does seem to like the music
but I don't get the reaction I did
6-12 months ago.
I just wish I could hear him
sing one more time...

i miss my daddy

No comments: