Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kisses!!!

What a fun visit we had on NYE!
Leah, Tyler, Kelsey & I went to
hang out with Pops just after lunch.
He was in a pretty good mood.
We got him some puppy chow and
placed him in his chair.  He
looked at each one of us intently.
He "worked the room" with his eyes.
Sometimes giving us an eerie stare.
It never bothers me.  Sometimes I
feel like it pierces right through
me, but it doesn't bother me!
Leah was standing next to him and
he took her hand.  He "shook" her hand
for what seemed like forever.  His
"shaking" of hands is really a nice
gesture that I think means, "THANK YOU".
It feels strongly of love to me. I believe
this is a way to show expression.  Since
he cannot express verbally.
He then pulled her hand up to his face
and at first I was afraid he would bite her.
But he started kissing her hand!! Like
crazy! Kiss, kiss, kiss!!! It was adorable.
SO loving and again, an expression
of gratitude and love and kindness.
I know he knows that it is US and I know
he knows that we come to see him.
When we were getting ready to leave I
walked up to him and held out my hand.
He held up his finger as if to motion,
"come here". I leaned down hoping he wasn't
angry.  He pulled me in and kissed my cheek!!
I love my dad so much.  And I miss him
more than I can ever express. This disease
sucks.  I hate it. It also is tearing
apart our family, one member at a time.

i miss my daddy

No comments: