Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A conversation like no other....

Last evening I had the pleasure of  speaking
with a very strong and couragous woman.
Her name is Colleen and she is a wife whose
husband is in the same unit as my dad.
Her husband is young...not yet 60 I believe.
He has a cognitive impairment known as
frontal lobe dementia.  What a story she has.
Just when you think you've heard it all or
just when you think YOU'VE got it so bad....
someone comes along with a story that makes
you think... a story that makes you take a step
back and look at your life and your situation.
We are to be grateful that we had our Pops as
long as we did. 
We are to be grateful that we were able to find
this home for him and that is so wonderful.
We are to be grateful that Pops was able to
know and love his grandchildren.
We have much to be grateful for.
Sometimes it just takes someone elses story
to make us remember.
I feel honored to have been able to speak with
her and to share a part of my story with her.
A very smart, strong and corageous woman.
Wow....I was very impressed by her.


i miss my daddy

No comments: