Friday, April 16, 2010

(*the below is from an AD suport group blog that I'm a part of)

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease about 8 years ago. My mother was his caregiver up until August of 2009. She decided at that time she couldn't care for him anymore. He is now in a memory care unit. It has been the most heart wrenching event of my entire life. To see the man that raised you, the heirarchy of the family in this predicatment is unbearable. I spend many days with him and we have a different relationship now that we never would've had. It is somewhat a reversal in roles, I'm the parent, he's the child. Like Kate's comment, I try very hard to focus on my father and his needs and forget about others. I tell myself daily that I am only responsible for my own actions. My siblings are mostly good for nothing, and there is 7 of them. I will now tell myself often, " It is more important to be a good daughter than a good sister".

i miss my daddy

No comments: