Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The time is now
We have found a place that
we all agree on and like
The fact that it is nice
doesn't help the fact
that I don't want to do this
We really don't have
any other option at this point
This is just the progression
that this disease is taking
I am NOT ready for it
I do NOT want to do it
I feel suddenly as though
I need to cram tons of things
into the last few days of
his life in the outside world
I know that I will be able to
take him out but I also know
that it will be different
Last night we have the 1st
evaluation by the RN and the
Occupational Therapist
I was supposed to be paying attention
to the RN who was talking
with my mom and I but
all I could do was listen
to my dad talk to the OT
He was actually talking
and listening and attempting
to answer questions
I listeted intently as his
brain searched for answers,
sometimes they came freely,
other times he never found them
Either way, he was happy and
he was talking and I was
enjoying hearing him speak
He doesn't know how many kids he has.....3 or 4
boys or girls? mostly girls, i guess
What city are you in? East Moline, IL
Holds up a picture of my mom, "is this your wife" No.
No recognition whatsoever
Points to a pen, what is this? no answer
Points to her ring, what is this? no answer
It was very sad
I miss my daddy

No comments: