Thursday, July 16, 2009


we had a good mood last night.

we LOVE good moods.

they seem to be few and far between

i make a point to try hard to

remember these good times.

a couple of weeks ago at the cabin,

just after he started taking a new medication, we

had a good day!

I was doing the dishes and my

dog was walking around the kitchen

getting in the way.

I looked directly at my dad, even though

he doesn't make eye contact very often,

and said,"dad, will you let roxxie outside?"

without a moments hesitation he said,

"which door should i use?" this was

HUGE.

He rarely responds to us anymore.

I pointed and told him, "the front".

He walked over to the door, opened it,

and the dog walked outside.

YES!

Something so small and what may

seem like no big deal was a HUGE

deal in my mind.

I felt like a super proud mother

of a toddler who had just followed

a direction! Sad, but true.

As our parent's age, the roles do reverse

and we become the adults and them the

children. Sometimes having to make

decisions for them based on them

not being able to. Again, sad but true.

No comments: